miércoles, 30 de noviembre de 2011

COLOMBIA






I do not think I will ever learn to operate those blogs well enough to be able to stick a comment to a photo right where it should be, like below the photo, for example. That gives me panic attack. So will just comment here. This place is Colombia, one of the most dangerous places in the world. Wherever you go you see paramilitaries and guerilla fighting with each other, coca plantation spreading beyond the horizon. Anyway, if you go there you will be kidnapped. All that you can learn from news and movies. 

Apart from that exciting adventures, there are beautiful mountains and few people left who are not working on coca plantations and do not belong to any armed party. 

Here is one picture of a cemetery in Santa Sofia in Boyacá. Not sure how it works. I believe you get a slot for how long your body will be kept in the compartment and when it is finished they get a new body in that place. I don’t know why I have never asked. Anyway some free spaces. We are interesting culture that keeps the dead bodies as a memory. But I have always liked cemeteries, so can’t complain. 
On another picture there is a chiva. Reminds me of India. They pack people on the roof and travel like that. very colorful, nicer than the buses.
The two ladies in front of the cob house are Dona Oliva (standing) and her daughter Dona Rosa.
And the little girl, who has just cut her hair on her own, is our closest neighbor. She is 7 and in February started school.  

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario